My experiences of these
classes is that they are all generally excited to be in the art classroom, and
eager to work. There seems to be two or
three students in each class that have a hard time focusing, who talk all the
time, or generally cause a ruckus, but even these students seem respectful and
interested in the classwork. There are
also students who are very bright and meticulous. I assume these students have always had art
classes, but I’m not sure about how much art viewing they have done in the
past. Mary has a great classroom with lots of posters of artwork from all over
the world all around the room and I have done VTS almost every time I have
visited, so I know they are getting a lot of it this year.
Cast Gallery
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Blog #1: Getting to Know My Class
The class I am working with
for my VTS research is a Unit C (4th
and 5th grade) class at Ridgeway Elementary. There are 24 students, 14 girls and 10
boys. There are 11 5th
graders and 13 4th graders. I
haven’t been able to spend a lot of time with this class in particular, but I
almost always see a Unit C class when I visit for my field experience. Because they are on a rotating ABC day
schedule, it is always a different class, and seems to always happen to be not
the class I’m really focusing on. Anna
is also working with one of the Unit C classes, so between Mary, Anna, and I,
we make sure that all of the Unit C classes get the same VTS experiences so
that our data will be relevant at the end of the semester.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment